Monday, March 1, 2010

Social media as a destressor

Social Media is an invaluable resource. It has come to play a serious and important role in my life helping me stay in touch with my friends and keep me up to date. It is also a resource that helps prevent my life from getting too serious at times. What I mean is that when I have stressful assignments and tests approaching, knowing I can go to a funny social media site(like f my life)or look at a cute video sent by a friend via facebook helps me stay calm in the midst of all that’s going on. Funny and heartwarming social media and internet sources can be one of the best quick destressors out there, and I think everyone should take advantage of them. These sources make me grateful for the fact that social media can be both practical and plain entertaining. To anyone out there like me use a little less stress, I encourage you to check out sites like , http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/all/, http://www.fmylife.com/,
And ofcourse for its heartwarming cute videos (google surprised kitty if you can’t think of one) and the millions of funny original videos and clips from shows.

3 comments:

  1. I checked out the sites and especially love the FML website, I guess when im having a down moment I like to do the same thing. If anything I just might make FML my home page from now on, but I probably won't get any work for the rest of the semester. Social media can be a good thing, it definitely can take the edge off of stressful moments and help calm people down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although these sites normally just aid in wasting your time when you need it to do homework, I agree with you that they are very interesting sites. Its nice to just sit down and enjoy some of these funny websites sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do understand that we are all in need of destressors, but I feel that social media only adds on to everything. I am incredibly guilty of going to the library to do work and find myself two hours later still seeing what someone else is doing? And in turn...I am behind on work and even more stresses!BUT!I can definitely tell you what's happening with so and so.

    ReplyDelete